Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding 18mth old on plane

(15 Posts)
mummynumnum Mon 25-Jul-11 21:30:03

Going on holiday weds. Ds still bf and esp when tired/upset. Hence imagine he will be at it as early flight (640). Are people going to be a bit more disapproving as he is that bit older?

tallulah Mon 25-Jul-11 21:31:36

Probably, but (a) no-one will notice and (b) they would rather he was BF than screaming.

Don't give it another thought grin

celadon Mon 25-Jul-11 21:32:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coldcomfortHeart Mon 25-Jul-11 22:01:57

No one will notice. I've done it and was anxious too, but needn't have been. It kept DS calm, sleepy, fed, watered and entertained- pretty good really!

exoticfruits Mon 25-Jul-11 22:20:29

I can't think that anyone will notice.

AngelDog Mon 25-Jul-11 22:21:11

Agree with tallulah. I bf my 18 m.o. all over the place out & about, and either people don't notice, or look at him but don't realise what I'm doing. Those who do realise just tactfully look the other way. smile

Cleverything Mon 25-Jul-11 22:24:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MJHASLEFTTHEBUILDING Mon 25-Jul-11 22:25:17

Message withdrawn

eaglewings Mon 25-Jul-11 22:28:44

What would they rather, a crying child or one that is happily plugged on?

I never had any trouble flying and feeding my babies at that age

Have a great holiday

drcrab Mon 25-Jul-11 22:49:04

I bf my DS till 23 months. We'd been on many flights since he was 6 months. It's fine. Really.

BaronessBomburst Mon 25-Jul-11 22:52:56

The only person who will notice will be the person sat next to you. It's actually quite hard to get a really good view of the other passengers on a plane, even if you want to. [nosey emoticon] I feed my 17 month DS everywhere and have never had a comment or dirty look yet. I'm almost disappointed! grin

mrsgordonfreeman Tue 26-Jul-11 12:22:33

I've done this and it was fine. We had a block of 3 seats on a quite full Easyjet flight and between me, DH and DD having noms, nobody sat with us so we had plenty of room.

When we got off the plane we had a lot of compliments about how well behaved she'd been, and no comments at all about the bf.

EauRouge Tue 26-Jul-11 13:37:34

I BF DD1 on a plane a couple of months ago, she is 2.9yo. I don't think anyone noticed.

dolldaggabuzzbuzz Wed 27-Jul-11 15:18:25

I will be taking DS (age 2.6) on a plane for the first time next week and will be breastfeeding him to keep him calm when the pressure changes block his ears.

organiccarrotcake Wed 27-Jul-11 15:27:04

Done it myself with DS at about that age years ago and another smaller one more recently. Had comments afterwards about how well behaved my children were on the last flight (we were stuck on the runway for 5 hours with no AC or food angry). Go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now