Talk

Advanced search

How much milk for seven month old - going back to work

(5 Posts)
neepsntatties Sun 24-Jul-11 23:27:07

DD will be almost 7 months when I go back to work three days a week. My dh can bring her down to feed at lunch time. If I feed her before I leave and when I get in at about 5 how much more milk will she need during the day?

Tryharder Sun 24-Jul-11 23:52:53

She may well be fine on the breastfeeds you give her without any additional formula and may simply bf a lot when you are at home.

I think it's one of those things that you have to play by ear. It won't hurt to have a bottle and formula on standby but at 7 months old, she will be on solids. She'll be fine.

PenguinArmy Mon 25-Jul-11 01:32:06

That one feed would be fine but there might be some reverse cycling. You just try and fit two feeds in morning and evenings each to help. Should only take a few weeks to her to get used to it.

You might need to express at first for comfort which could ease the transition for both of you. At 7 months we had DD on just one lunchtime bottle of 3oz (before that it was 1oz for every hour)

Hormoneoverload Mon 25-Jul-11 13:28:25

Went back to work when dd1 was eight months and although I diligently expressed at work every lunch time, it was only ever used to make porridge! Made me feel better, but dd refused bottle and only drank drips in a cup. She did start doing more feeds at home and waking at night, but that did settle. Th

neepsntatties Mon 25-Jul-11 21:57:42

Thanks, we gave it a go today as an experiment and it was easy. She had a feed at 8, 1 and 4:30 and we gave her snacks in between and she was quite happy so I feel less stressed about going back now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now