Talk

Advanced search

places to express milk in London?

(6 Posts)
afussyphase Sun 24-Jul-11 22:46:53

I have to go to London for the day - a long long day from here - and if I don't find somewhere to express I'm going to leak! I don't fancy sitting in a public loo for 20 minutes (plus it would annoy other customers if I did that at a cafe or similar). Are there any shops with good mum+baby rooms or can anyone suggest somewhere? I'll be in South Kensington part of the day, North Islington the other part.

Antidote Sun 24-Jul-11 22:55:45

John Lewis on oxford street.

Valpollicella Sun 24-Jul-11 22:57:49

Was just about to say John Lewis. A nice room. You'll feel quite comfortable in there

lurkingmurking Sun 24-Jul-11 23:06:48

Go to Harrods from South Ken (much nearer than Oxford St) - surprisingly ok baby facilities and feeding room.

Not sure about islington but if you're anywhere near Stoke Newington it's nappy valley so you should find somewhere

ZhenXiang Sun 24-Jul-11 23:10:50

This is a link to breastfeeding friendly places in London that may help. The Natural History Museum in South Ken is supposed to have private areas for breastfeeding that might help you. Peter Jones in Sloane Square have a mother and baby room. Mothercare stores are meant to be ok. Also John Lewis in Oxford Street have a mother and baby room as do Westfields near Shepherds Bush. The cafe above Mamas and Papas in Regent Street is also a good place I am told. A quiet corner in a park with a scarf? It is possible to be discreet and pump under a big scarf.

afussyphase Mon 25-Jul-11 15:51:08

thanks everyone this is great! smile at 'nappy valley'. Sounds like I should try the Natural History Museum, Harrods and/or John Lewis; it's great to know there are options. The park might work too - I have this 'bebe au lait' nursing cloth that will probably hide a hand pump and bottle well in a park (but I'd feel really weird doing it on the train even with everything hidden!). thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now