Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dreamfeeding - when to stop?

(9 Posts)
scarlettlips Sun 24-Jul-11 21:31:52

We have started dream feeding DD as she was waking up at midnight. Before that she was sleeping till between (2 or 5am) down at roughly 7pm.

We think this is due to a mixture of teething and generally being 5 months old!!! When she does wake I feed her 90mls, if she wakes with 2 hours of the dream feeding I settle her back to sleep without feeding. She's being weaned.

When should I stop dream feeding her?

Thanks

RitaMorgan Sun 24-Jul-11 22:23:56

Does she sleep through til morning from the dreamfeed? Once ds was going from dreamfeed to morning I started reducing it and bringing it earlier before dropping it. It was about 8 months.

scarlettlips Mon 25-Jul-11 07:18:56

Rita you must be joking....DD up 3 times last night! Think I should try and make the dream feed bigger.

TruthSweet Mon 25-Jul-11 13:34:27

Could it be the four month sleep regression just a little bit late?

wellamI1981 Mon 25-Jul-11 20:02:38

What on earth is dreamfeeding?!

RitaMorgan Mon 25-Jul-11 20:05:11

Where you feed them in their sleep without waking them up. I would go into ds's room at 11pm, lift him up, feed him and pop him back into his cot and he'd barely stir.

wellamI1981 Mon 25-Jul-11 20:08:07

Oooh I might give this a try. Can you do it with BFing?

pearlgirl Mon 25-Jul-11 20:17:35

Yes you can do it with BFing - I have done it with mine and just pick baby up, they stir a little, latch on and feed and then when they come off I put them back down for the night.

scarlettlips Mon 25-Jul-11 22:29:45

Nope she's asleep...but last night she woke up crying at 10pm...!

Oh babies...joy throughout the day..but at night!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now