Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Back to work next week - please help me make a plan!

(4 Posts)
Zimm Sat 23-Jul-11 10:06:26

Hi all,

DD 11.5 months, EBF. Currently going through a crap phase re solids, refusing most food, will still eat yoghurt, fruit, oatcakes, raisins, bananas, baby sweetcorn, bread but not a lot else! (This too shall pass....this too shall pass..). She currently has BFs at 6.30am, 9.30am (for nap), 2pm, 5pm and 7pm. Quite a lot of feeds for her age I know, but it works for us. She will do without the 9.30am feed at weekends as DP puts her down for her nap and for him she will self settle! I can retain the 6.30am, 5pm and 7pm feeds when I return to work so I just need a solution for the 2pm feed. Currently she does drink water out of a cup but not loads if I am around as she knows she can feed. I am confident she will drink as much water as she needs when I am not there though. But - should I spend the last week of mat leave trying to persuade to take formula/cow's milk out of a cup for the 2pm feed? Or just hope she makes up her intake with solids. I suppose she could just have a yoghurt at 2pm instead....I'm hoping on the days we are together she'll keep the 2pm BF for as long as she wants it.

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

Al1son Sat 23-Jul-11 10:15:52

MY advice would be to carry on as normal and give whoever is caring for her lots of options for food and drinks and trust them and your DD to figure out a good solution between them. There's no point in upsetting her and yourself by denying BF while you're there and she'll probably be fine with whatever replacement is available when you're not there.

Just enjoy your last week at home with her.

Zimm Sat 23-Jul-11 15:12:22

Thanks - feeling rather worried after she refused lunch today (well she ate a yoghurt!......

RitaMorgan Sat 23-Jul-11 15:34:19

At her age I think she'll just breastfeed while you're around, and have food/water when you're not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now