Talk

Advanced search

pooh advice !!

(4 Posts)
spud28 Fri 22-Jul-11 21:41:37

Here I am again looking for some more pooh advice !! A few weeks ago I was looking for advice for the lack of pooh action from my little man, well last time I saw the health visitor I asked for advice, she said not to worry and that some babies will go a week to 10 days with no movement and suggested a oz or 2 of cooled boiled water a day as I am combination feeding. He is still only going once every 4 days and we do have some horrible straining noises the day prior to pooh action and he has terrible wind ! The last two poohs he has had ( now 10wks old and gaining weight nicely ) have been thick like peanutbutter and dark green in colour ! I have read this is normal and can be due to hind/foremilk inbalance or to much iron. He currently has 3 5oz breast bottles a day and the rest comfort aptimal (the health visitor recommended the switch to comfort ) so do i stop with the express bottles ? or try a different formula ? I will ofcourse ask the health visitor just wanted to know if any of you lovely people have any advice for a paniced ftm !

RitaMorgan Fri 22-Jul-11 23:04:02

Possibly a reaction to cow's milk?

Seona1973 Sat 23-Jul-11 08:16:08

aptamil comfort can cause green poo and wind. From aptamil website:

Aptamil Comfort may affect your baby differently to other milks you have used. For instance, after you first start using it, you might notice your baby has increased wind and/or stools that are loose and greenish in colour. These effects are harmless and are a sign that your baby’s digestive system is getting used to the milk. If you have any concerns, our Careline team are here to help – just get in touch on 08457 623 628 (Monday to Friday 8am-8pm) or via Live Chat, our instant online messaging service (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm

spud28 Sat 23-Jul-11 08:35:25

ah thank you seona, put my mind at rest. I will keep an eye on it and see if it improves smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now