Talk

Advanced search

Cat nap queen means untidy house!!!

(7 Posts)
Zobofrags Thu 21-Jul-11 16:49:05

My lo is almost 11weeks old and is breastfed she seems to have stopped sleeping in the day and seems to nap...when I put her down after a good feed she wakes within five mins! She sleeps from midnight until 6ish sometimes going to sleep later and waking
earlier which is great and my hv advice was "you can't have it both ways"!!!
My husband asked if we can try her with a dummy to see if it will keep her settled...I've offered her it three times today and she has spat it out each time!
When I put her down to sleep I swaddle her the same way in the same room she sleeps at night!
Any help?!?

shuckleberryfinn Thu 21-Jul-11 16:58:07

It'll pass. Really it will.

organiccarrotcake Thu 21-Jul-11 16:59:21

My advice would be, bottle it and sell it. Many would pay a fortune for nights like that wink.

Seriously, suggestions for day sleeping:

- In a sling
- Bring the pram or pushchair into the house and move it back and forth to see if she will sleep in it (or take her for a quick stroll and if she drops off, head home quickly while she's still asleep!)
- Baby swing or bouncy chair

Zobofrags Thu 21-Jul-11 17:13:43

Haha!! Thank you! The pushchair gets her to sleep and then when we get home.....waaaaaaa!!!!! sad I even walked her for longer today to see if it made any difference but no joy!
I didn't want to get a sling as I thought she will then get attached to me being their every time she sleeps and I'm worried that it will hurt my back!
How long do "phases" last?! grin

mawbroon Thu 21-Jul-11 17:27:34

She wants to be close to you. That's why she wakes when you put her down.

I wish I had known this with ds1. I spent all sorts of time and energy trying to get him to sleep independently at such a tiny age which i now regret.

DS2 virtually lived in the sling for the first 6months and life was much, much easier.

organiccarrotcake Thu 21-Jul-11 17:31:22

The right sling won't hurt your back, and when she's ready to not be attached to you, she won't be.

Right now, she probably wants to be, and why fight that smile

Zobofrags Thu 21-Jul-11 19:57:37

smile thank you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: