Talk

Advanced search

Swimming and feeding

(8 Posts)
cheekyginger Wed 20-Jul-11 20:37:19

Hello peeps,

Bit of a random one. I've got my 12 wo signed up for a waterbabies class and it recommends that he feeds 1-2 hours before the class (He'll be 16 weeks by the time the class is due to start). But im wondering how on earth can i feed him that far in advance and actually have him awake for the class??

Has anyone split their childs feed into 2 sittings? Does it work or do you just end up with a wee grumpy hungry baby!!!?

TheBreastmilksOnMe Wed 20-Jul-11 20:40:46

Hi, I took DS to a swim class when he was very little and basically just fed him as and when he wanted as he was breastfed. I don't think that you can dictate or predict when they are that young TBH. I would just play it by ear and do what works best for you and your baby.

shuckleberryfinn Wed 20-Jul-11 20:45:43

My child is lovingly referred to as "Howkey McHowkey" often to the tune of "edie mccready" or sometimes "hokey Cokey"

Anyway.... hee hee, yes, she first swam at maybe a month old and I feed her when she's hungry. I wipe it up with a towel if she possets so I say worry not and feed her when she's hungry. I know now she's 17 weeks I can engineer her feeds to be a little more convenient though so maybe half an hour before might suit?

RitaMorgan Wed 20-Jul-11 21:09:19

I was lucky if ds went 2 hours between feeds grin No way would he be happy to go swimming on an empty stomach - I used to feed him just before we went, so maybe 30 minutes before swimming. I often fed him in the changing room just before getting in the pool actually, but he was never a sicky baby.

PollyParrott Wed 20-Jul-11 22:07:11

I feed DD about 45 mins before the lesson - if the babies posset in the pool, the teacher just scoops it up in the water and pours it into the drain vent = no probs!

Loopymumsy Wed 20-Jul-11 22:09:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cosmosis Thu 21-Jul-11 09:54:15

I just fed him when he needed it smile

cheekyginger Fri 22-Jul-11 08:16:19

Thanks everyone. 1-2 hrs seemed like an awfully long time. So it's good to hear that you dont need to wait that long!!

He is BF so it does allow me to tweak his feeds a little......cheers for the feedback

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now