Talk

Advanced search

Bottle Feeders - Advice Please!

(4 Posts)
NKffffffffe749edcfX11d6d7397af Tue 19-Jul-11 20:54:33

My DD is EBF though she does take a bottle. She wakes most nights around 3am for a feed. I usually feed her in her room as soon as she wakes and she usually settles straight away after the feed and is practically asleep on the breast anyway.

Tonight my brave DH is going to give her the feed which I expressed earlier today. My question is - how should he heat the milk in time to feed her soon after she wakes? I imagine the whole palava of taking her downstairs to get the milk out the fridge, heat the bottle etc etc. will rouse her from the dozy feed she's used to.

Any advice from those that do this regularly? Thanks!

RockChick1984 Wed 20-Jul-11 08:07:29

Do you have an electric bottle warmer? Either keep this in her room so he can just run downstairs to grab the bottle then sooth her until it's warm, or as you know roughly when she wakes he could set an alarm and get up and heat it before she wakes, we have done this with our ds then just gently woke him up and given him the bottle, he always dozes straight off after the feed. Good luck, although I'm sure you will be awake anyway, I always am if dh does the night feed!

shuckleberryfinn Wed 20-Jul-11 08:12:25

leave the milk out next to her bed when you go? then serve it at room temp? Of course that all depends what time you go to bed.

NKffffffffe749edcfX11d6d7397af Thu 21-Jul-11 21:44:50

Thanks all. It didn't really work out and I ended up bf her after dh had bottle fed...! oh well...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now