Talk

Advanced search

Proud of my DS for supporting breastfeeding

(10 Posts)
VeryProudMum Mon 18-Jul-11 20:55:34

Namechanged for fairly obvious reasons. There is a thread on The Student Room with some very silly comments about bf. I am so proud to see that my son has been supporting it very strongly. This is not a bf v ff thread, but just to show how pleased I am that a teenager should do this off his own bat. He showed the thread to me so that I could make sure he was posting accurate arguments. smile

The Student Room

LisMcA Mon 18-Jul-11 21:08:12

You should be very proud smile

Also, I think MN should have one of those tdancing troll icons!!grin

VeryProudMum Mon 18-Jul-11 21:18:25

Yes, the thread was obviously started by a troll, but it gets going with some sad comments. It's a shame that some young people have hangups about breastfeeding in public - but then clear that some don't either!

Was just telling DS some of the places I fed him - all those years ago smile

DairyBeetle Mon 18-Jul-11 21:33:04

Too right you should be proud smile As a mum who BF her DS on a packed bus while stuck in traffic just the other day please tell your DS that I'm glad people like him are around!

It's just so sad to see some of the very negative comments from such young people, both male and female. sad

(And yes to the dancing troll icon grin )

TittyBojangles Mon 18-Jul-11 21:35:11

You should be proud of him, but I'm angry at myself for starting to read through that thread when I KNEW it would drive me insane! Got to page 3 (no pun intended) and had to close it for my laptop's safety!

Cosmosis Mon 18-Jul-11 21:37:35

yay, well done your son! But what a depressing thread sad

VeryProudMum Mon 18-Jul-11 21:47:19

The thread has been taken down now - probably because of the racism on it, I would think.

Cosmosis Mon 18-Jul-11 21:48:48

Ah, I wondered why I couldn't get past p4.

VeryProudMum Tue 19-Jul-11 18:16:27

He's now finished the ironing too! (He's home from Uni and hasn't got a job "yet", so we have given him a list of chores to do!)

BertieBotts Tue 19-Jul-11 18:41:33

Racism on a bf/ff thread? confused the mind boggles...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: