Talk

Advanced search

BF and flu ........

(10 Posts)
HipHopOpotomus Mon 18-Jul-11 16:49:11

I ache from head to toe, sore throat too - can barely move. Just laid up in bed and on sofa with dd2 (11 weeks). She is feeding ok. I'm guessing this is all I can do? Just gotta ride it out. Praying baby doesn't get this flu too??? So much for the flu jab I had while pg!

Any advice for me? I've put dd1 into after school club for a few days. Collecting her just now was hell. Now to cook some pasta for her dinner!

belgo Mon 18-Jul-11 16:51:16

Poor you. You need to keep yourself well hydrated, paracetamol/ibruprofen for the temperature, and you should really see a doctor. You need total rest.

Can someone help you picking up dd1?

HipHopOpotomus Mon 18-Jul-11 16:57:17

Thanks - yes taking Paracetamol. Hate to think what I'd feel like without it. I'm
Making flasks of nettle tea and getting those down. Think I have dd's pick up covered tomorrow and dp will be home asap.

I forgot how rotten it feels! Still the baby has been an angel and just cuddled up with me all day bless her.

HipHopOpotomus Mon 18-Jul-11 16:58:44

How much paracetamol can I take? I've found blister pack of pills but not box with dosage? grin

nethunsreject Mon 18-Jul-11 17:13:00

You can take normal dose - 2x500mg tabs every 4-6hrs, up to a maximum of 8 in 24hrs. Ibuprofen too - 2x200mg tabs every 6 hrs, max 6 tabs (3 doses) in 24 hrs.

SYmpathies. I was so ill with flu at Christmas I ended up in hospital with bfing baby. At least they took him away for a bit every couple of hours though. It is utter hell.

nethunsreject Mon 18-Jul-11 17:13:26

That is 8 para tabs, ie 4 doese.

HipHopOpotomus Mon 18-Jul-11 17:24:41

Thanks net - I've only been taking 1x 500!!! << trots off to kitchen to take another >> grin

HipHopOpotomus Tue 19-Jul-11 16:55:02

Oops not flu at all but tonsillitis! Started anti-b's today. Baby doing well - I'm lucky she's a very chilled baby as I'm
Not up for much. Just watching Murdoch hearing

MigGril Tue 19-Jul-11 18:13:27

oh I've just come down with tonsillitis, it's amazing how quik those antibotics kick in I feel x10 better then I did yesterday.

HipHopOpotomus Tue 19-Jul-11 20:35:09

Cheers MG - I'm looking fwd to
Tomorrowgrin. Can't believe
How feverish and achey I have along with the sore throat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now