Talk

Advanced search

questions about milk abroad

(10 Posts)
babyrose Mon 18-Jul-11 15:03:15

we r going to greece for a wk in 3 wks time. lo is currently on 2 bottle feeds a day of cows milk. i just wondererd what to do about his milk, should i swap over to ready made formula milk or try find out what kind of milk greeks drink?

organiccarrotcake Mon 18-Jul-11 15:04:34

It's all from cows smile

babyrose Mon 18-Jul-11 15:09:54

i knew it was a silly question!

wigglesrock Mon 18-Jul-11 15:29:35

I just used the local full fat milk on holiday, when mine where taking cows milk in their bottles at home.

organiccarrotcake Mon 18-Jul-11 18:15:35

How old is your LO OP?

babyrose Tue 19-Jul-11 08:59:57

he is 14 months

wigglesrock Tue 19-Jul-11 09:12:48

I've done when dds were 13 months, 18 months and used cows milk in a cup at 2 years etc. Have a fantastic time, I love going on holiday with mine, just back from holiday with 6 and 3 year old and 4 month old, its great fun, enjoy yourselves.

babyrose Tue 19-Jul-11 16:44:12

we have been been emailing someone from trip advisor that went to the same place. they said they never saw fresh milk in the supermarkets there.hmm

Yesmynameis Tue 19-Jul-11 16:47:18

I personally would check that the local cows milk is pasturised before offering it.

Lots of milk drank in France for example, is unpasturised. So long as you can easily buy pasturised it will be fine.

I also personally think your idea of taking some ready made formula cartons is a great idea. You know it's safe, you can take it out and about with you in the cartons. Much more portable in the heat. I would definately take a few in your position.

babyrose Wed 20-Jul-11 08:38:00

i just dont want to risk going over there and either not getting any or its not the right milk. maybe taking some ready made stuff would be best...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now