Talk

Advanced search

stopped breastfeeding and now feel ill

(8 Posts)
suzym1984 Mon 18-Jul-11 12:19:11

Hi!

Due to certain difficulties I have for the past month been expressing for my DS. I planned to stop this month as I am returning to work, so cut sessions down gradually over a few days. A week ago I stopped completely, as was only expressing at night time, so I have not expressed for a week.

Last few days I have been feeling tired, achey and with a fuzzy head. Is this related do you think, or just something else completely?

pettyprudence Mon 18-Jul-11 13:43:09

Might be mastitis?

suzym1984 Mon 18-Jul-11 14:18:32

I wondered about that, but I dont seem to have breast pain? Thanks for the reply though

Olivetti Mon 18-Jul-11 14:30:02

I don't know, but I stopped about 4 days ago and I feel terrible! Really weak, slightly nauseous and dizzy. Will watch keenly for any views!

suzym1984 Mon 18-Jul-11 14:40:03

Yes! Dizzy too, do your limbs ache? Even my eyes hurt, I feel drugged!

worldgonecrazy Mon 18-Jul-11 14:41:21

The drop in hormones when you stop feeding can make you feel pretty dreadful. Keep an eye out for physical problems such as mastitis.

Olivetti Mon 18-Jul-11 15:04:02

Yes! My legs ache when I walk up and down stairs and I feel so weak. I need to get out with the baby so we can both get some fresh air, and I just don't have the strength. It's literally in the few days since I did the final feed.

Olivetti Mon 18-Jul-11 15:04:50

Drugged, as you say - that's exactly my feeling. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now