Talk

Advanced search

Constant flow during let down

(1 Post)
FirstVix Sun 17-Jul-11 13:53:02

Hi all, hope someone can help...

In general bf has gone well, baby gaining weight etc.

Recently though DD has been getting fussy at one breast when I felt the let down (unless she was dream feeding). I put this down to spurting as she sometimes coughed so tried all the usual - change sides, express a bit etc.

BUT today I thought I'd check as it seemed more severe than usual and it wasn't spurting when depressed - It was like a tap had been turned on! Constant flow for a good minute after the initial let down feel. I had three let downs (DD was feeding on other breasts) within the space of 5 mins or so, so pretty much a constant flow! I'd say a good 'double vodka' [sorry, no idea how much that is in ml/oz] amount came out with no help/pressure from me at all.

Now, I've been very leaky from about 3 weeks but mostly before with the other breast. This doesn't seem as leaky, but now I have this!!

So, has anyone experienced this? Will it stop on its own? Any tips - btw expressing doesn't seem to work on this breast as it still gushes out (so will catch the back of DD's throat) for as long as I express (did it for 10 mins yesterday and wasn't particularly trying hard IYKWIM!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now