Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

A few questions about mixed feeding

(3 Posts)
TribbleWithoutACause Fri 15-Jul-11 20:21:30

Hi,

I've tried expressing at work and it's turned into a bit of a nightmare (sore breasts, inappropriate facillities etc etc) and for the sake of my own sanity I would like to mix feed.

DS (nearly 9 months) currently has feeds at 6, 8.30 (just a bit with breakfast), 11am, 3pm, 7pm and a dreamfeed. I've tried him with formula today and he took it ok.

I was thinking of replacing the 11am feed, my thinking is that if I do this then I wouldn't need to express at work. I could pump before I go in (for his breakfast one) and pump when I get home or at the very least I'll only have to pump at work if I need to. Do you think this will work?

If I do this though at a later date can I just drop the formula and go back to BF? Obviously it's supply and demand so it should just up my supply again shouldn't it?

RitaMorgan Fri 15-Jul-11 20:57:03

Is he eating well? I'd consider just doing 3 feeds a day.

TribbleWithoutACause Fri 15-Jul-11 21:04:41

Yeah he is, I've been waiting for him to drop them on his own but he is a complete boob monster.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: