Talk

Advanced search

Stopping expressing at work – how to decide?

(4 Posts)
Cosmosis Thu 14-Jul-11 11:38:38

I am back at work ft and currently express twice a day (when I can, sometimes it’s once and sometimes none). Ds is 10m and very established on solids. I leave him 4 or 5oz ebm when he’s at the CM and we bf at bedtime, once (occasionally twice occasionally none) in the night, and first thing in the morning. On a weekend, we bf on demand but tbh he doesn’t demand that much any more, maybe one feed a day.

We’re going on holiday for 2 weeks next week, and I am contemplating stopping expressing when I come back to work (he’ll be 11m when we get back from hols) and just giving him cows milk in the day instead, but I just can’t seem to make the final decision.

Do you think 3 bfs a day plus cows milk is enough for him at that age, or would continuing to express be better for him? I don’t have trouble expressing, I find it very easy but I just sometimes find I don’t have enough time in the day.

kimberlina Thu 14-Jul-11 17:59:14

I don't know an official answer but my DD is only 9mo and she only demands 3 BFs a day. She also has cereal with cow's milk and yoghurt. So I would have thought that your son will be ok without the expressed feed.

Hopefully this will bump it for you and someone more experienced will be along

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 14-Jul-11 20:20:26

I'm not trained at all but morning and evening and at night plus cow's milk in food is what we did from 11 months and DS seems ok on it.

Cosmosis Fri 15-Jul-11 08:55:14

thanks both. I think he will be ok with it, but I think I'm finding it hard to properly make the descision to stop because I feel guilty for working ft and I suppose thing that expressing is what I can do for him to make up for it. stupid I know blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now