Talk

Advanced search

20 month old on weird bf binge. Help!

(4 Posts)
ellmum Wed 13-Jul-11 19:58:06

My 20 month old DD usually only bf maybe 3-4 times a day (including bedtime and first thing in the morning). For some reason over the last couple of days she has wanted to bf loads. She must have asked about 8 times today and has got really upset if I've had to refuse. I'm pretty much happy to go along with whatever she wants, but I do think if this continues then we are going to struggle with getting anything else done! Please can someone wise tell me that this is just a phase? I wonder if it's something to do with teething? She's still sleeping through at night which is a good thing (and if I've jinxed that by mentioning it I will cry).

TheRealMBJ Wed 13-Jul-11 20:02:46

Isn't there a developmental leap around this time?

There is! Most of the stuff I can find on it is about sleep regressions, but maybe this is just your DD's way of dealing with it?

twinklegreen Wed 13-Jul-11 20:05:47

She might be feeling a bit under the weather or teething, I'm sure it's a phase that will pass smile

ellmum Wed 13-Jul-11 20:42:42

Hurray! It's a phase! Brilliant. I can carry on being mauled safe in the knowledge that this too shall pass! I really appreciate that link, TheReal. Very interesting, I suppose some babies will deal with developmental leaps in this way. I think I prefer this to the sleep regression. Atleast I can mn while nursing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now