Talk

Advanced search

EBF, 3wo, no poo for 3 days, now its like paste, is this okay?

(5 Posts)
VeryHungryKatypillar Wed 13-Jul-11 12:04:31

I should know the answer, this being DD2, but I don't remember. After 3 days of no poo (previously she'd been doing 2 or 3 liquidy poos a day) we have pasty poo. Is this constipation or normal slowing down of BF baby poo?
She has been struggling with wind and so is on Infacol - I wonder if that has caused this?

Thoughts gratefully received..

'As long as there's plenty of wet nappies, all is well smile My dd is 8 weeks old, ebf and has mini phases like this. She was on infacol too - she was very windy and actually has mild reflux. We've actually found colief better when she's really suffering. Try eating prunes too - tip from the paediatrician at hospital. It really works, at least in DD's case. A day on prunes from me and she's emptying her bowels effortlessly all over the shop. Literally! Congrats by the way
smile

Ps this is my 2nd DC and I've forgotten EVERYTHING grin

VeryHungryKatypillar Wed 13-Jul-11 14:50:25

Thanks TMWTBB - most reassuring. Not sure my body can take prunes atm - have had a reaction to some anti-bs and am a bit 'loose' at present!

VeryHungryKatypillar Wed 13-Jul-11 14:50:55

In the stool sense obv, not moral...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now