Talk

Advanced search

Pumping Fantastic

(4 Posts)
shuckleberryfinn Tue 12-Jul-11 21:55:11

In terms of pumps I sometimes feel like I've used so many. Avent & Tommee tippee manual, Ameda lactaline personal, medela symphony, medela mini electric, something called a Kitett but I've been lent a Medela Lactina Plus for another attempt at coming off the domperidone ( well it's worth a try, and at worst I'll have a freezer full).

Bloody amazing, pumped with the Ameda, got the usual 2oz (60 mls ish) then plugged myself into the lactina as an experiment. Just shy of another 2oz (50ml) That's twice my usual night time go.

I'm just sharing my yay ness and also how great good support is, I could never afford to rent one of those.

thisisyesterday Tue 12-Jul-11 22:04:14

hurrah! well done you

TruthSweet Wed 13-Jul-11 09:26:52

I've used the Lactina and got 1 drop of milk for 28 sucks of the pump shock It's funny how different pumps work so well for some people and not at all for others. I loved the Symphony, that always got me to let down. I used it after the disastrous attempt with the Lactina and got about 45mls out (in my defense I was in hospital and very ill so not a cracking supply at that point).

I'm glad it works for you though smile There's nothing quite like a freezer/container full of milk to put a smile on your face when you've been struggling to express. So well done!

shuckleberryfinn Wed 13-Jul-11 10:46:14

The pump thing is fascinating. Last time round I found a manual pump useless and hand expressing impossible, this time they are both very useful.

I'm not hugely impressed with the Ameda either, it does an adequate job but not a brilliant one. After the symphony I was just so impressed with the lactina given that its a lot less flash. It's amazing how every mother and baby is different isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now