Talk

Advanced search

10 days old, appears hungry won't latch on

(7 Posts)
Hormoneoverload Mon 11-Jul-11 22:56:31

Dd2 really upset when have tried to latch her on this afternoon/evening. Unlike dd1 and ds, she has seemed to 'play' with the nipple before latching on for most feeds so far, but today she was really upset and wouldn't feed, although timings seemed right and was making right kind of rooting mouth. Fell asleep without feeding. I haven't really kept track of feeds so far, didn't with either of the others but she has been cluster feeding most evenings. Hoping it's just a brief passing phase but wondering if there's any wisdom here on mumsnet? She was big at birth (having a nervous evening-have another thread going about her not regaining birth weight yet!). Thanks!

thisisyesterday Mon 11-Jul-11 22:58:58

have you seen a breastfeeding counsellor at all? just to check latch and make sure everything is ok?

have you tried feeding her before she starts rooting? sometimes babies can just get themselves a bit worked up because they're so hungry and then it takes time to latch on well

irishbird Mon 11-Jul-11 23:01:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hormoneoverload Mon 11-Jul-11 23:06:11

Thinking I'll call on a bf counsellor tomorrow if not better. Weirdly, breasts v soft, although when feeding well I hear glugging so think there's milk. Will try a little dream feed now-remember hazily having something similar with dd, although just direct refusal and her being v sleepy helped. Thanks for such quick replies-helps to know someone out there!

irishbird Mon 11-Jul-11 23:57:23

Hormoneoverload Tue 12-Jul-11 01:16:33

Feeding nicely now. Woke up by herself but still quite sleepy. Hoping was just one iffy evening .

irishbird Tue 12-Jul-11 06:28:47

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now