Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lilypadz? Good or bad reviews.

(10 Posts)
Eglu Mon 11-Jul-11 09:54:24

I was looking at them in Boots yesterday, as I'm going through a large amount of breast pads. I'm a bit unconvinced by them though.

Do they not make your nipples all soggy and sweaty?

Would love to hear from people who have tried them.

AKMD Mon 11-Jul-11 11:18:09

I haven't tried them but I did look into them and the reviews were pretty bad. They are supposed to stop the milk coming out in the first place but the general impression I got was that they lost their stick fairly quickly so weren't worth the money.

nannyl Mon 11-Jul-11 11:21:13

i was talking to my friend about them. (her baby is 3 weeks)

she hated them, (got some on special offer somewhere) she thought they are unhygienic and get hairs and fluff stuck to them easily. Also she found small amounts of milk leaked into them, so she was effectively keeping warm breast milk stuck to her breasts for hours, and she felt she needed to wash her breasts before feeding baby.

Im pregnant and was going to buy some, but she told me not to bother so i have crossed them off my must by list!

Petalouda Mon 11-Jul-11 11:28:17

I love them! Except they do lose their stick pretty quickly.

They were fab in the early days when I couldn't bear anything rubbing my poor sore nips, and ideal when I was a bridedmaid last month.

Now, though, I reckon tesco disposables are best for me. (my milk's finally settled at 15 weeks, not getting the humungous soakings I used to!)

KnitterNotTwitter Mon 11-Jul-11 11:30:26

I used these and had trouble with them falling off and getting fluffy... however I then went to washable breastpads and they were FAB... Not bulky, don't dry your nips out and don't make landfill waste... I used motherease ones but if I were buying again I'd get silk topped ones like these...

Eglu Mon 11-Jul-11 11:31:49

Thank you. NannyL your friends experience is exactly what I supected may be the case.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Mon 11-Jul-11 11:39:59

I tried them for a bit and found them good, they didn't get yucky as they just stopped me leaking so no milk in them to make a mess. However I went off them a bit after I got a blockage and wondered whether it might have been linked to using them (but possibly unfairly, as I did get other blockages later without using them! So it wasn't necessarily connected to them at all).

After that I switched to washable pads though and found these much better and more economical than disposable ones, I was doing enough washing anyway so chucking them in wasn't extra work and they were comfier and also stayed put better than most of the disposables.

Eglu Mon 11-Jul-11 16:53:24

Thanks Inigo. I had some washables with DS1, but found them to be really thick and easily seen through tops.

LittleMilla Mon 11-Jul-11 17:36:32

Crap. Got all manky really quickly and despite me washing lots, still got smelly. waste of money!

IgnoringTheChildren Mon 11-Jul-11 20:35:51

Well I had no problems in terms of them getting manky/fluff sticking/loosing their stick/milk leaking and would have absolutely loved them except...

they aren't a great fit for me and made my boobs look weird! No matter how I tried to place them I ended up looking like I had weird pointy or bumpy boobs even when I was wearing a padded bra. angry I ended up only using them at night and even then I felt a bit self-conscious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now