Talk

Advanced search

And into the top pulling stage we go...

(5 Posts)
Zimm Fri 08-Jul-11 09:41:36

DD 11 months...mobile (crawling/pulling up) likes to use her new mobility to pull up and drag at my top at public to request a feed. I knew this time would come but I can't say I like it! Just as we are having to move away from demand feeding as I am returning to work :-( Guess I am officially BF-ing a toddler now with all the biting etc it entails! And of course the constant questions as to how long I will do it for....

FloweryBoots Fri 08-Jul-11 09:50:58

No suggestions, just support you are not alone. Recognise you from the sleep threads, hope things are improved. DS almost 11 months and mobile doesn't pull my top, he just head buts my chest going 'Ah wah wah wah mm mm mm mm ah wa wa' and then starts pretty much trying to feed through my clothes. Subtle!

I've had quite a few 'oh well you won't be feeding him much longer now though will you?' type comments. I usually respond with 'we'll see how it goes' and change the subject. Except when my husband said it the other day, which totally took me by surprise as it never occurred to me he would think that, so he got rather more information about why it would be a while yet, and all the benefits of keeping going! WHO recommends feeding until at least 2 years and apparently the human body expects mothers milk until around 4 at least. I was reading on Kellymom that children generally self wean somewhere between 2 and 7.

Good on you for keeping it up.

Zimm Sat 09-Jul-11 11:10:54

Hi Floweryboots - Yes sleep is so much better now thanks, she now does a 10-11 hour stretch (WHOOP! Whoop!) about 2/3 time and one waking other times. Although this has only been going on for a week or so....

Interesting that your DH would say that, I'm not sure how long DP expects me to feed for...I'm not sure I'm up for keeping going to age 4, it somewhat depends if my periods will return while I am still feeding as we'd like another....

GreenTeapot Sat 09-Jul-11 11:20:05

I'm with you there. DD face-butts my chest and tries to burrow her way into my clothes these days. She'll pull herself up on my leg and shout to be lifted then immediately double up and start thrashing around. There's no refusing it - for now. It's still a bit early to expect them to wait IMO.

Yesmynameis Sat 09-Jul-11 11:21:23

Hi Zimm, my 8 mo has just got to the stage of poking, grabbing and sticking her little hands into my clothes. We were at a bbq the other weekend and she was having a good old grope at all the women there, even some of the men!! A little embarrasing really...

Luckily for me my SIL fed hers until 1yr, so she has kind of paved the way for me until at least then. I've got some time to think about how I'll deal with questions after that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now