Talk

Advanced search

I suppose it would be childish to text "Haha fuck you...."

(39 Posts)
PrisonerZero Thu 07-Jul-11 12:36:26

Some of you will have seen my thread about 'people' trying to make me give my 3 week old baby formula milk. DP and his family have been convinced my milk isn't 'good enough' etc and have bought me (well intentioned) tins of milk and bottles. I have refused to use them and have been labled stubborn and told I would make myself and DS ill. They think he feeds to often etc - anyway don't need to go into all that again as I will start ranting - however,

I have just taken DS for his weight check this week....

And he has put on a whole pound!!

I am on top of the world, walking on air. I am so proud of myself and of my DS, everytime I have been sat in the house on my own feeding him, woken in the night to feed him, listened to their 'well meant advice' about how I didn't have enough to feed him and what I had probably wasn't good enough, argued with DP over me not giving him a bottle, has been worth it - my baby is happy and healthy because of me, and only me. I know I sound smug - its because I am blush

I can't wait to tell them grin

Thank you to you all for all the support you have given me on the breast feeding thread and on the antenatal thread, you lot are fantastic and I may have been more easily swayed if I didn't have the threads on here to read.

mistressploppy Thu 07-Jul-11 12:41:06

Ha ha - good for you! In your FACE, doubters grin

Seriously, well done. Smug it up, you and DS deserve it.

Kestryn Thu 07-Jul-11 12:42:03

That's absolutely wonderful. Congratulations grin

tiktok Thu 07-Jul-11 12:47:31

smile smile

However, be warned. Who will be the first to tell you 'your milk is too rich' and 'the baby's gaining weight too fast' .....

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Thu 07-Jul-11 12:49:13

See trust your own instinct, there was no reason to believe he wasn't get enough of your fab milk grin

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Thu 07-Jul-11 12:51:43

Hurrah hurrah I remember your thread. your partner is the one who believes that 'scientists in laboratories' have come up with a better food for infants than your body could produce, isn't he? The silly twat

Congratulations to you and to ds and cheers to being a stubborn mum.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 07-Jul-11 12:55:02

Haven't read your other threads but wanted to say a big well done.

My advice would be take a photo of him today. We had a similar experience with DS. He fed lots and had a fair amount of well intentioned advice too. I've still got the photo I took when i realised what a chubber he was turning into and it still makes me feel proud that it was all down to me.

Enjoy your smugness but don't send the text, just drop the weight gain into conversation next time they want to talk to you about formula.

Well done grin

What a shame that your partner can't be more supportive.

PrisonerZero Thu 07-Jul-11 12:57:30

Thank you grin

TikTok - I can just hear it now "Stop eating chocolate, you are going to make the baby fat"!

Yesmynameis Thu 07-Jul-11 12:59:00

Oh wow! well done to you!! I haven't seen your other thread, but well done to you for sticking to your guns. Your baby is growing up strong and healthy and it's all down to you. I think a whif of smug can be excused on this occasion!!

LisMcA Thu 07-Jul-11 13:02:04

Well done Prisoner! Smug away!! I'm solely expressing for my 9wk DS and without the support I got from DH in the early days I would have given up ages ago. The rest of my family think I'm barking though, but they know not to push it!

The little chubby folds in their arms and legs are all down to us!!!

Loopymumsy Thu 07-Jul-11 13:09:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crikeybadger Thu 07-Jul-11 13:11:05

Well done, that is a seriously impressive weight gain. smile

Go ahead and be smug- you've been remarkably calm and collected in the face of the attempts of your relatives to undermine you.

'spect they'll find something else to bug you about next week though. smile

ChildofIsis Thu 07-Jul-11 13:18:31

Well done you!
My DD used to feed for up to 12 hours in 24.
I had a few 'you should go onto ff then you wouldn't be tied to feeding so much' conversations. Why would I want to change when we could do it well and she was gaining weight? I was thrilled that bf worked out so well for us.

I don't understand what it has to do with other people. The baby is your responsibility not theirs. I think it's all down to jealousy.

You're happy, the baby is gaining weight, sod everyone else.
I am sorry your DP isn't supporting you, he's clearly being swayed by everyone else's opinions.

WoTmania Thu 07-Jul-11 13:42:27

That's briliant. And how fab that you had the conifidence in your body to provide for your baby and didnt' cave to their ridiculous nagging well meant comments.

Please tell us what gets said about it (I reckon it will be something along the lines of too rich etc hmm)

Rubitue Thu 07-Jul-11 13:42:36

Congratulations! <large portion of humble pie for the counters>

I would rub it in their faces, though given the patience you've shown towards them so far I think you're a bigger person than me - but please do have at least one majorly smug gloat!

Rubitue Thu 07-Jul-11 13:43:43

* grrrrr, doubters not counters - hate, hate, hate iPad autocorrect

LeoTheLateBloomer Thu 07-Jul-11 13:45:24

Well done for standing firm!

It's such a great feeling knowing you and you alone are responsible for their growth and good health smile

friendcat Thu 07-Jul-11 13:47:22

Fabulous! <high 5!>

Well done you and your little Chubs grin

Tuppenyrice Thu 07-Jul-11 13:47:50

smile

Moulesfrites Thu 07-Jul-11 13:49:29

Well done, I have been meaning to post on your other thread but haven't got round to it. It angers and upsets me so much when women lose confidence in their body's abilities to feed their own babies through the ignorance of others and the bottle feeding culture we live in. You have done so well to stick to your guns, I remember the feeling of elation at every weigh in, like we had passed a test!

My ds is 23 weeks and we have just started weaning - in a way I feel sad because I can no longer say that his weight gain is down to me alone! You are right to be proud of yourself, congratulations on your baby!

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 07-Jul-11 14:00:47

Ooh...he's getting to be a big boy. Surely he needs more than your milk now...?

[Grin]

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 07-Jul-11 14:04:21

who knew emoticons were case sensative... blush

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 07-Jul-11 14:07:07

Moonface are you actually one of my relatives? grin

EauRouge Thu 07-Jul-11 14:14:37

Hahaha, that's great grin Well done to you and your DS. You deserve to be completely smug!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now