Talk

Advanced search

Mix feeding for 6 months but bottles now not going down well

(5 Posts)
stripygiraffe Wed 06-Jul-11 23:19:28

I am mix feeding 6 1/2 mo Ds. I bf all feeds during the day and ff at night. Ds was waking twice at night until a week(ish) ago when we saw a big improvement and he cut this down to once.
Anyway he has been unwell with a nasty ear infection and I had him at the hospital two nights ago. He was pretty distressed and I was letting him comfort feed - ended up feeding 7 hours out of 12.

Anyway he is a good bit better now but still a bit sore and grizzly but he seems to have gone off the bottles. He used to LOVE his bedtime bottle but it is a struggle now. Has this sort of thing happened to any other mixed feeders?

I will be gutted if he won't take his bedtime bottle anymore as it allows me to be quite flexible.

stripygiraffe Thu 07-Jul-11 09:01:09

Bump.
Anyone?

RitaMorgan Thu 07-Jul-11 09:07:13

Mine had one bottle in the night til 8 months, then started rejecting it. He even spent the weekend at my mums and didn't touch a drop of milk the whole time shock He's 11 months now and I've just got him to drink about 50ml-100ml a day from a free flow sippy cup. It took a month of persistence though!

FetchezLaVache Thu 07-Jul-11 09:10:39

I have no experience of mix feeding, but my DS (now 14mo) has always gone right off everything but BM when he's poorly. Once he's better, he regains his appetite! I'm sure your son will be happy to go back to his evening bottle when he's better.

stripygiraffe Thu 07-Jul-11 09:41:03

Thank you both for replying. I really hope Fetchez is right and he goes back to it when feeling better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now