Talk

Advanced search

Aching breast tissue in same place on both sides?

(3 Posts)
AnnetteTwitcher Wed 06-Jul-11 13:53:50

Has anyone an idea what this could be? I can't find any lumps but there is a small/slight red patch on left side.

Ds is doing lots of wet /dirty mustardy nappies but both breasts feel massive and he does often feed in short clusters.

Is it bad latch? I can't work out how to get him doing it any differently and my nipples aren't sore at all.

Thanks!

TruthSweet Wed 06-Jul-11 14:07:41

Could it be pressure from a bra if it is in the same place each side or possibly where you hold your breasts when feeding (if you do hold them)?

If you have got a red patch it sounds like it might be the start of mastitis. Have a look here for further information.

AnnetteTwitcher Wed 06-Jul-11 15:54:28

Ooo I have been holding to stop him bobbing about and also ds has tendency to bunch up his fist near breasts when feeding. Maybe it's this?
Just fed for hour on right side and am in agony though so going to look up the hv and bf counsellor tomorrow. I muffed up feeding ds1 and really want to make this work!

Thanks for the good link

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now