Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

just got my shifts for my first week back at work.. and

(7 Posts)
chloeb2002 Tue 05-Jul-11 22:26:16

ok dd is 5 months old. im lucky as i am a nurse and we get an hour per 8 hours to have lactation breaks.. howevr..id asked for a day on day off howver... we have a temp manager who has no idea and has given me three in a row in my first week back! now im ebf and will ebm at work and have a stash in the freezer.. but i am worried stupid dd wont take a bottle.. she is dc #3 and the others also went straight onto non spill cups etc... and i wil try eall with this dd too... however im worried that on week one this is a tough draw, also because im on a day then a day then an evening.. so i figure she will be just fine day one.. will feed lie a mad thingwhen i get home... then be hungrier on the next day then i can feed her in the morning on dayn three but she will probably be a bit over it and will be quite distressed by the evening ( cluster feed time)... i think i will just take family leave for the evening.... but bugger me...am i worrying about nothing? opinions please....

chloeb2002 Tue 05-Jul-11 22:28:53

i add at 5 months dd is still very demand fed.. every 2/3 hours in the day.. clusters on an evening.. and two over night feeds..she has started on some purees and is a big bubba... 97th centile all round...

kimberlina Tue 05-Jul-11 22:48:11

Don't know the answer - sorry.

Maybe if you're not there then she will take a bottle.

I probably wouldn't worry too much - it might all be fine.

But I do feel for you - that is a tough first week back mean and insensitive manager

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Tue 05-Jul-11 22:50:31

Stupid dd hmm

verylittlecarrot Tue 05-Jul-11 22:54:06

After a double take I assumed that should have read "i am worried stupid {that} dd wont take a bottle.. "

chloeb2002 Wed 06-Jul-11 00:34:30

ha... yes maybe thats the problem..... i need to change my perspective.... i think im resigned to just taking family leave on my first week...

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Wed 06-Jul-11 10:32:19

can someone bring dd to work so you can feed her in a break? I would def speak to the manager in question and explain the arrangement you had made. They have a moral, if not legal, obligation to honor it imo. Also maybe try an open cup? Ds could drink out of one of these at 5.5m, not much but was water, not lovely ebm. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now