Talk

Advanced search

EBF DD very uncomfortable with wind

(4 Posts)
Bigglewinkle Tue 05-Jul-11 12:43:53

Hello, my 3mo DD is ebf and is a lovely chunk and feeding well smile but she differs from my DS in she doesn't poo for about 4-5days.
Now I know that's nothing to worry about medically, but she does seem very uncomfortable. She often cries when she's on her back, she does really eggy farts when they do come, and she gets very uncomfy between 2-6am wriggling and grunting and then needing comfort feeds of only one boob every 1.5 hours or so.
I give her infacol, that seems to help with burping. I have taken her to the cranial osteopath today so I hope that makes a difference, but the CO suggested I avoid milk. Do you think that will make a difference? And is there anything else I could try?
Thanks!

RitaMorgan Tue 05-Jul-11 15:06:30

Some babies are allergic to cow's milk protein, so if you eat dairy products it could be going through your milk. You could try giving up dairy for a couple of weeks and seeing if that helps.

Shanster Tue 05-Jul-11 15:24:50

My first was this way, and I'm sorry to say that at 3 years old she still has tummy problems. I did cut out dairy when BF for a while, and it did seem to help a little, but she continued to have problems with wind and pooing seemed very uncomfortable. With #2, he is getting over a tummy upset and the doctor recommended a probiotic...they are not cheap, but I wish I could have tired it on #1 when she was a baby, as I suspect it might have made her more comfortable. I'd talk to your doctor, but this is what I'm using on my 4 month old now - www.amazon.co.uk/Culturelle-Kids-Packets-30/dp/B001Y8EOHW/ref=pd_sim_d_4

MaitreKarlsson Tue 05-Jul-11 18:16:10

Hi there, you may already have tried this but if it is 'just' wind, we found that Colief really made a difference. Seems to be a lot stronger than Infacol. Has really helped my DD (2 months). Wish we had tried it with DS when he was little...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now