Talk

Advanced search

2am to 6 am cluster feeding or comfort sucking?

(4 Posts)
OompaLumpa Tue 05-Jul-11 08:47:42

20 day old DD has now started being really unsettled at night. She wd normally wake every 2-3 hours for feed but last few nights she has been up for at least 2-6am. Last night it was from midnight. My boobs are so sore, the milk blister is gone but still v painful.
She still cluster feeds early eve.
My boobs can't take such a battering much longer and I am so exhausted and asthma playing up cos I'm so run down. I feel useless, frustrated and like running away. Crying all the time as I'm trying to do everything I can for her and it is still not enough. She is exhausted and so am I
Please, any tips on how to get thro the night? Is cluster feeding at that time normal?

RitaMorgan Tue 05-Jul-11 08:56:13

Is she in bed with you?

Is there a latch problem that is making you sore? How often is she feeding in the day? Lots of nappies/good weight gain?

OompaLumpa Tue 05-Jul-11 09:03:39

She is in a Moses basket next to me. During day she is feeding every 2-3 hours with wet and poo nappies. I had her latchchecked yesterday and was told it was fine but I see nipple is sometimes s bit squashed.

Bigglewinkle Tue 05-Jul-11 12:28:06

Hi there, my 3 month DD also has an active time at those times. I would feed her at 1030 for a dream feed then in the last month she would get really wriggly grunty and wake every 1.5-2 hours for a small feed between the hours of 2-6 am.
In desperation and tiredness I jacked the dream feed in and that seems to have helped bizarrely! I think my DD is uncomfy due to wind and slight constipation (she is ebf) could it be that for yours?
I'm also seeing a cranial osteopath as that can help. First session was today so fingers crossed! DD hasn't pood for 3 days so she's really crabby, I'm hoping something happens this afternoon...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now