Talk

Advanced search

Ever feel like you cant win

(9 Posts)
kellieb7 Mon 04-Jul-11 13:03:25

DD was born prem and struggled with BF and weight gain in the first few weeks. 6 months on she is fabulous and thriving in every way. Just had her weighed and I am now being told I need to slow her weight gain as she continues to go up the centiles. So I will now be having a stern word with DD and telling her to stop guzzling as much smile

TanteRose Mon 04-Jul-11 13:09:11

aw, I bet she is gorgeous and pudgy! smile

kellieb7 Mon 04-Jul-11 13:15:09

She most definately is and considering the amount of pressure I was put under in the early days (i.e maybe she should have some formula top up's) I am extremely proud of her and me for continuing to EBF for a whole 6 months. grin

RitaMorgan Mon 04-Jul-11 13:16:01

Bizarre! Did they tell you how you are supposed to slow her weight gain?

Cosmosis Mon 04-Jul-11 13:17:23

Aww, well done! Podgy babies rock grin

kellieb7 Mon 04-Jul-11 13:17:43

Make her go longer between BF and maybe offer water instead (HV clearly doesn't know how opinionated DD is!!!!)

kellieb7 Mon 04-Jul-11 13:20:28

And even funnier, I posted on here before the weigh in this morning to check if DD was having enough milk (thank goodness I didn't ask the HV!)

RitaMorgan Mon 04-Jul-11 13:28:38

And this is the reason I haven't had ds weighed for 6 months grin

Cosmosis Mon 04-Jul-11 14:21:49

Me too Rita, by my calculations he’s chubbed himself up to over the 75th centile from 50th at birth and then catchdown to 25th. I have no interest in being told I’m over feeding him, he’s perfect just the way he is grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now