Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

How much milk (6mo)

(6 Posts)
kellieb7 Mon 04-Jul-11 09:27:45

My DD has recently started on solids and is loving it smile
I was wondering how many times your DC's were breastfeeding at this age because she seems to have cut down a lot, all the signs are good (weight, nappies etc) but she was a very regular feeded (every hour) previously so it's a bit of a shock when she isn't demanding or actually refusing when I offer.

TIA

RitaMorgan Mon 04-Jul-11 09:32:10

Think mine was having about 6-7, depending on whether he fed once or twice in the night.

kellieb7 Mon 04-Jul-11 09:53:17

Thanks, that sounds about the same as my DD.

TittyBojangles Mon 04-Jul-11 21:47:48

Yes same here, DS (8mo BLW) is now down to 4 or 5 (proper) feeds in 24 hours... I'm not counting the single suck-type feed he has when he's whiney and I can't work out why blush smile I am not purposely cutting down his feeds, just following his lead. And he has never been a 'will feed whenever you offer' type baby, just turns his nose up at it sad

deliciousdevilwoman Mon 04-Jul-11 22:08:10

My DD is 6.5 months and has 3-4 longish bf's a day. She used to have around 6 before solids were introduced at 5 months. She has never fed for comfort/"snacked"/cluster fed and slept through the night from 8 weeks, so maybe her need for it is a bit less.

kimberlina Mon 04-Jul-11 22:18:34

At 8 mo we're down to just 3 BFs - 2 proper feeds and a mid afternoon snack

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: