Talk

Advanced search

How much milk (6mo)

(6 Posts)
kellieb7 Mon 04-Jul-11 09:27:45

My DD has recently started on solids and is loving it smile
I was wondering how many times your DC's were breastfeeding at this age because she seems to have cut down a lot, all the signs are good (weight, nappies etc) but she was a very regular feeded (every hour) previously so it's a bit of a shock when she isn't demanding or actually refusing when I offer.

TIA

RitaMorgan Mon 04-Jul-11 09:32:10

Think mine was having about 6-7, depending on whether he fed once or twice in the night.

kellieb7 Mon 04-Jul-11 09:53:17

Thanks, that sounds about the same as my DD.

TittyBojangles Mon 04-Jul-11 21:47:48

Yes same here, DS (8mo BLW) is now down to 4 or 5 (proper) feeds in 24 hours... I'm not counting the single suck-type feed he has when he's whiney and I can't work out why blush smile I am not purposely cutting down his feeds, just following his lead. And he has never been a 'will feed whenever you offer' type baby, just turns his nose up at it sad

deliciousdevilwoman Mon 04-Jul-11 22:08:10

My DD is 6.5 months and has 3-4 longish bf's a day. She used to have around 6 before solids were introduced at 5 months. She has never fed for comfort/"snacked"/cluster fed and slept through the night from 8 weeks, so maybe her need for it is a bit less.

kimberlina Mon 04-Jul-11 22:18:34

At 8 mo we're down to just 3 BFs - 2 proper feeds and a mid afternoon snack

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now