Talk

Advanced search

Taking baby milk on a long flight

(4 Posts)
islandbaby Sun 03-Jul-11 22:43:15

I have 18 hours of flying ahead of me next week with my 6.5 month ff baby. Can anyone advise me the best way to take enough milk on the plane, as I'm going to need about 6 feeds to be safe? I was planning on taking cartons, but someone said that security will make you open them and taste them - ok for a short flight but couldn't open milk that wasn't going to be drunk for another 12+ hours. I'd take powder, but then wouldn't know how to get the water once on the plane.

Thanks

CMOTdibbler Sun 03-Jul-11 22:48:27

You can buy the cartons airside at the airport - if you ring ahead, they will reserve you the number you need

Pounamu Sun 03-Jul-11 22:53:43

yes I agree with previous poster, in fact I did this earlier in the year. You can pre-order from somewhere like Boots to collect once you get through security. I was really nervous about it so I ordered it really early (they say you should order 5-10 days before your flight to ensure they can get it in time), I ordered about 3 weeks ahead, then called a couple of times in the weeks/days leading up to the flight to make sure it was reserved for me, worked out fine

islandbaby Tue 16-Aug-11 19:33:33

Just wanted to post how this went, in case anyone's searching old threads for info.

I phoned up and reserved 10 cartons of milk airside at boots heathrow and they were more than happy to put it aside.

When I got to boots, I went straight to the counter to ask for it, and the man went out back to find it.

Which is when I noticed a full shelf of cartons of baby milk. So no problems with stock.

Actually, I'd already been through customs with two just-in-case cartons in my bag, which they didn't even question me about. Once in Chile however, they asked me to open and test just one carton, then let me through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now