Talk

Advanced search

BF and newborn immunisations

(7 Posts)
orchidee Sun 03-Jul-11 17:59:40

My 8wo is due to get his immunisations soon. I was thinking about how this may affect BF, e.g. if he wants to be comforted more afterward, should I expect an increase in BF? Can anyone remember their baby's reaction, e.g. did they want to nurse more that day or for a few days? Also, did you BF during or immediately after the immunisations as a comfort?

Catslikehats Sun 03-Jul-11 18:04:40

Older DC's were nursed during and immediately after which worked well.

Youngest has had oral vac for diptheria at same time as injections and nurse advised not to nurse in case of vomiting (from the feed). She did cry but not being able to nurse wasn't as big problem as I had antcipated.

Everything else just continued as "normal" although all my DC's have been fed on demand and without routine so couldn't really say what "normal" might be grin

RitaMorgan Sun 03-Jul-11 18:04:44

I bf immediately after as I waited outside and DP took him in. You can feed during if you want though. DS wasn't really bothered by them.

orchidee Sun 03-Jul-11 18:11:35

Thanks... I like to be prepared smile

watto1 Sun 03-Jul-11 20:06:12

Think all babies are different. My dd yelled the place down, wanted constant BF for the rest of the day and was generally grizzly. However, ds didn't seem to notice and carried on as normal!

JollySergeantJackrum Sun 03-Jul-11 20:10:00

I bf immediately afterwards which calmed him down nicely. DS was sleepy later that day and for the next couple of days, pretty much just waking to feed. He fed about the same amount as normal - maybe slightly more the day after but it was very hot that day so he was probably just thirsty.

Muser Sun 03-Jul-11 20:22:09

For the first set I fed immediately after and then put my daughter in the sling. She stayed in there for most of the day, sleeping happily. Second set she stopped crying in seconds so I didn't bother with a feed. Didn't notice much change in behaviour either time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now