Talk

Advanced search

Help needed please - trouble bottle feeding baby

(8 Posts)
tattyteddy Sun 03-Jul-11 11:25:42

Hello,

I'm really in need of some help please, as I'm getting really stressed out.

My baby has just turned 16 weeks yesterday. She usually has 5 x 7oz formula bottles, however, over the last week or two she has gone down to about four bottles a day and it's getting really hard to feed her. she just cries and pushes the bottle out of her mouth.

I normally try again after a break and feed her again but lately she just doesn't seem interested! She used to have a bottle every four hours in the day, but now she certainly doesnt seem to want it at that interval. I've tried an interval of five hours but still not interested.

I'm really worried she's not getting enough milk, I thought as she got bigger she would want more milk but it seems to be going the otherway. She is drinking Aptimal if that has any relevance?

Help please

Tattyteddy xxxx

tattyteddy Sun 03-Jul-11 16:19:20

Anyone? Xx

orchidee Sun 03-Jul-11 18:08:52

Sorry no experience, hopefully someone useful will be along soon (the tennis is finished after all!) Have you spoken to your HV? Could your baby be teething or have a sore mouth? Does she generally seem well? If she's still alert and active, and her nappy habits seem okay, hopefully all is well.

Madlizzy Sun 03-Jul-11 18:11:13

She might be feeling a bit under the weather due to teeth coming through. Try some teething stuff like Anbesol and see if that helps.

tattyteddy Sun 03-Jul-11 18:40:32

Thanks ladies, yeah she does seem well. Plenty of wet nappies and regular dirty nappies.

I've felt in her mouth can't feel a tooth coming, but I'll have a chat with the HV. She seems to be putting weight on ok. We had loads of feeding problems when she was born so I think I over worry!

Thanks again for your replies xx

wigglesrock Sun 03-Jul-11 19:08:28

I have noticed my 18 week old dd, taking fewer bottles, but in great form, so am just letting her motor on.

tattyteddy Sun 03-Jul-11 20:13:34

Thanks Wiggles, she seems fine too. So I'll let her set her own pace xx

wigglesrock Sun 03-Jul-11 20:58:13

No problem, think she is more excited about discovering new things like her feet and my earrings than her bottle grin DD1 was exactly the same, she would eat like a monster for a day then not so much the next few days. She's 6 now and is still the same, some days she could eat you out of house and home and then pick for the next few days, we call her our little camel, its cuter than it sounds grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now