Talk

Advanced search

New Gabrielle Palmer book

(9 Posts)
TittyBojangles Sat 02-Jul-11 22:02:21

It's arrived...

I am such a saddo that this is the highlight of my week right?

BaronessBomburst Sat 02-Jul-11 23:00:30

What's it about?

I read The Politics of Breastfeeding (after hearing about it here), and talked my cousin into buying and reading it. She's in charge of a ward at a children's hospital in London and is using it to educate the staff, doctors, peaditricians, parents etc. She's in a position where she might actually be able to do some good and is looking to train as a BF counsellor.

I suppose I'm trying to say that there is a point to her book and it may help change things.

TittyBojangles Sun 03-Jul-11 09:35:58

Its about complementary (weaning) foods. Not actually started it yet. Not half as long as PoB though.

Thats great news that your cousin might be able to effect things at her hospital... it is one of those books that makes you want to go out and change things, but few of us are in a position to really do so, other than banging on about it to anyone who sits still long enough of course smile

Pesephone Sun 03-Jul-11 11:34:56

I've got mine on pre order from Amazon, can't wait for it to come, when did your arive?

organiccarrotcake Sun 03-Jul-11 12:11:01

Got mine. Can't wait to start it grin

Pesephone Sun 03-Jul-11 14:48:30

jelous...where's mine! damn it.

TittyBojangles Sun 03-Jul-11 16:04:19

That's amazon for you! Got mine from Pinter & Martin. They have a discount. And were very very nice to me when I emailed demanding to find out why my copy hadn't been delivered last week (hadn't noticed that it wasn't actually published yet blush).

Pesephone Sun 03-Jul-11 16:06:04

grin, yea I got an email saying they had put back the publishing date. Should've ordered it direct.

BaronessBomburst Mon 04-Jul-11 11:44:06

Right, got mine on pre-order now with Amazon. Looks interesting!

I bought a box of baby rice when I started weaning DS last year, then bought Gill Rapely's Baby-Led Weaning and never used it. I just presumed I needed it - the marketing was obviously successful there! So, anyone know what to do with a box of baby rice? Or should I just google rice-flour recipes and make my own noodles or something? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now