Talk

Advanced search

Sudden increase in feeding time

(6 Posts)
Justfeckingdoit Sat 02-Jul-11 17:44:11

My 4w old ebf DD normally eats every hour or two in the day for an average of 5-20 mins at a time.

Today she has eaten at similar intervals, but has upped each duration to 30-40 mins!

Is this normal? She normally sleeps after a feed, but today I cannot seem to fill her up?

HumptyDumpty1 Sat 02-Jul-11 18:55:50

Growth spurt maybe? My DD feeds cooooonnnnssttaannnnttlllyyy when she has a growth spurt lol

Justfeckingdoit Sat 02-Jul-11 20:39:34

Everytime I am convinced she can't possibly squeeze any more in...turns out she can!

HumptyDumpty1 Sat 02-Jul-11 21:56:59

Oh dear sad I do feel sorry for you .... Especially as within a few days it will all explode up her back...well that's what my monkey does anyway! At least it's not foreversmile

HumptyDumpty1 Sat 02-Jul-11 21:59:26

Oh also.. I remember when DD discovered that feeding didn't always put her to sleep and she seemed to feed just because she could without sleeping - iyswim? Now it knocks her out sometimes and sometimes she's more interested in looking around the room and laughing at me so what should be a 5 min feed can take half an hour lol

Justfeckingdoit Mon 04-Jul-11 08:07:11

Have to admit that I do love it now she is awake more, though it does makes feeding take longer.

Much less keen on the inevitable poo explosions though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now