Talk

Advanced search

15 month old refuses milkfrom anything other than a bottle!

(7 Posts)
amyboo Sat 02-Jul-11 07:05:03

Title says it all really. 15 month old DS will happily drink water from a sippy cup which he holds himself. When we put milk in a cup though he'll take one sip then push it away. He'll happily drink milk in his bottle. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas how to get him off the bottle?

seeker Sat 02-Jul-11 07:10:47

Why do you want to? Presumably he's only having a few bottles a day and isn't walking round with one or having a bottle in his mouth constantly?

RitaMorgan Sat 02-Jul-11 08:30:10

I finally got ds to drink milk from a cup just by persisting - offered it at a usual feed time every day and eventually (after more than 3 weeks) he started drinking some. Also offered milk out of my glass or mug, and through a straw as he liked the novelty!

seeker Sat 02-Jul-11 08:39:15

Honestly, don;t sweat the small stuff. A couple of bottles a day won;t hurt, and if it makes himfeel happy and secure it's a good thing!

amyboo Sat 02-Jul-11 15:25:12

He just has a bottle in the morning and at bedtime. I guess I just figured he should have stopped using a bottle by now. Is it not going to make it harder to get him off bottles the older he gets?

mumblebum Sat 02-Jul-11 15:32:30

My DD was like this. I think she was nearly 2 when we finally cracked it. I gave her milk in a sippy cup one morning in the kitchen while I was pootling around making coffee and stuff. She had a huge tantrum about it, threw the cup around the room a bit, shouted a bit, generally made her displeasure known. I totally ignored her and carried on with what I was doing when it all went quiet. She had climbed into the buggy (parked in the kitchen at the time) and was sat there guzzling the milk! I had been trying on and off for months before that happened though. I binned all the bottled immediately.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Keep offering. One day he'll take it.

seeker Sat 02-Jul-11 16:52:14

Does it actually matter if he's still having a bottle of milk at bed time when he's 3?

If it's only 2 a day just let him have them. He'll give up when he's ready. There are no "shoulds" about things like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now