Talk

Advanced search

Medicated breast pads

(8 Posts)
fatbottomgirl Fri 01-Jul-11 10:42:53

Wondered if anyone could help, when I had my DD I got mastitis and cracked nipples. The midwife was excellent and supplied me with some 'brand new' breast pads, they were made out of gel and medicated and you could wear them all day. They were really soothing and comfortable.

This was 8 years ago now and have been looking to see if you can buy such a thing anywhere but I am not having much luck DC4 is due in 4 weeks and would love to find some before he arrives. Has anyone got any ideas?

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Fri 01-Jul-11 18:02:22

Bump cause I have no idea but they sound fab!

belgo Fri 01-Jul-11 18:03:29

I have never heard of medicated breastpads. Did you have to warm them up?

Lilypadz are made of jelly I think but are not medicated.

belgo Fri 01-Jul-11 18:04:13

I just googled it and this thread came up!

fatbottomgirl Fri 01-Jul-11 18:27:13

No didn't heat them up, just peeled the backing off and popped them on they were fantastic really helped. Thinking back I think they were maybe French. Would love to find them againsad

OddBoots Fri 01-Jul-11 18:37:00

Was it these?

TruthSweet Fri 01-Jul-11 18:39:28

Were they Jelonet dressings? They are often used for moist wound healing when there are open cracks on the nipple. They are made out of paraffin wax and gauze.

orchidee Fri 01-Jul-11 19:25:43

My HV offerred Jelonet dressings for cracked nipples but Lansinoh worked for me. Your midwife should be able to confirm whether they can supply something ahead of problems occurring or if you have to wait. My HV offered to get them prescribed during a phone conversation, so it may not require a trip to the Dr's surgery if you do need them. (They'd have done the prescription on the same day I think.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now