Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Dream feed - quick advice please!

(2 Posts)
LittleMilla Wed 29-Jun-11 22:10:46

DS is 8 weeks and we've managed to turn a corner on his sleep. For the last week i've been feeding him more during the day (every 2-3 hours), he starts to cluster feed at about 5pm, and goes down by about 9pm but usually earlier. Somtimes he has a ff if he's not settling, but last couple of nights he's gone for 6 hours from my milk alone. Which is brilliant and I am chuffed to bits.

Today he hasn't fed anywhere near as much and didn't really take much clustering - I had to wake him at 6:15 from as he'd been asleep for 1.5 hours and was so drowsy I couldn't feed him too much without him nodding off. He went to sleep at 8:30pm after emptying one boob and now I am in a quandary about giving him a FF dream feed.

Scared to wake him, but would love him to sleep past 2am again if possible.

Any suggestions!?!?! About to hit the sack but DH and I cannot decide what to do!

Keirasmummy09 Thu 30-Jun-11 01:02:36

take the peace and sleep!! He could be doing growing and sleep for a while. Honestly grab this chance and get some time to yourselves, if he is showing no signs of waking then just go with it smile hope you get some sleep x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: