Talk

Advanced search

11 months of breastfeeding today.

(12 Posts)
blackcurrants Wed 29-Jun-11 01:08:40

And I posted on here when DS was 4 days on, after sitting up all night, crying and trying to get him to feed. . . then giving him a bottle and crying cos I'd failed to breastfeed. And you all talked me down off my "I'm a terrible mother and nothing is right!" ledge.

We got the tongue tie snipped and he's never looked back. Still feeding enthusiastically, still freakishly huge, eating tons, still a happy, lively boy who makes my heart go all melty. He's also extremely active and almost walking. BFing now is the closest I get to a snuggle that lasts more than 10 seconds!

Thank you all, so very much.

celadon Wed 29-Jun-11 01:11:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blackcurrants Wed 29-Jun-11 01:13:19

Couldn't have done it without the help I got on this section - thank you smile

Cosmosis Wed 29-Jun-11 09:10:11

well done!! smile

VeronicaCake Wed 29-Jun-11 09:59:44

Congratulations!

verylittlecarrot Wed 29-Jun-11 12:00:52

yay! well done.

shuckleberryfinn Thu 30-Jun-11 11:09:30

woo hoo. :D

RufflesKerfluffles Thu 30-Jun-11 13:22:12

DS and I are at 11 months today grin

I was too unsure what my question was to post in the early days, but I was reading loads of threads (probably including yours, blackcurrants ), and it was so reassuring to realise it wasn't just me. So thank-you from me too.

clit Thu 30-Jun-11 13:51:57

grin Well done!

DD is exactly 17 months old and still bf, again thanks to some brilliant advice and suppolrt froom MN in the early days/weeks/months!

blackcurrants Sat 02-Jul-11 01:43:34

It's so funny - I literally haunted these boards in the first few months, thinking "Oh god he's doing X or Y, is it normal? When will it stop?" and finding it all so useful - and it's been so straightforward for the last seven or eight months that really I've had nothi hng to ask, so not been back much.
So I thought an appreciation thread was in order. Specially since DS is now doing stuff like squirting himself with milk and laughing, blowing massive raspberries while latched on- and laughing, and turning at least 90 degrees while feeding, and wondering why Mum won't let him stand up and bounce up and down too.....

Yeah, it's not just easier and easier after 6 months, it's feckin' hilarious! :-) Actually we just moved house, and he's teething and been off his food a bit, so knowing that as he's still feeding he'll be okay has been very reassuring. I'm so glad I got the help and encouragement I got from you all - thank you, thank you, thank you! smile

VampiresReflection Sat 02-Jul-11 02:27:34

Congratulations. My DS is 11 months today and we are still going too. I remember your posts at the time and was comforted that someone else was feeling exactly as I seemed to be. smile

ChunkyPickle Sat 02-Jul-11 02:43:59

..and wondering why Mum won't let him stand up and bounce up and down too.....

Ha yes! My 10.5th's favourite feeding antics are two-sucks-per-side back and forth while I lie on my back until he falls asleep slumped over me (still sucking on the far side)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: