Talk

Advanced search

thrush in breasts _ feeling a bit down

(5 Posts)
Annpan88 Tue 28-Jun-11 19:46:02

Just feeling a bit glum. I love breast feeding but its been one thing after another but I still know I'm lucky I can.

Had a lot of troubles in the beginning DS wouldn't latch on for a while then had to use nipple shields for 5 weeks.

DS is now 3 months.

Was all good until I got masrtitis a couple of weeks ago. Was horrid but luckily got in treated quickly. Nipple was feeling funny after but have now realised its thrush that's spread to my other breast.

Will go to the doctor tomorrow, I guess I'm writing this for a bit of a moan - and to ask if anyone has any tips to deal with the pain over night till I can get it treated?

Thanks

peanutdream Tue 28-Jun-11 19:48:32

sad what a nightmare!

some people take leaflet http://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/pdfs/BfN_Thrush_leaflet_Feb_2009.pdf into their doc's if they aren't satisfied that the doc knows what they're on about...

peanutdream Tue 28-Jun-11 19:52:09

right hand side of third page is self help measures

good luck!

Annpan88 Tue 28-Jun-11 20:20:08

Thank you! smile

chloeb2002 Tue 28-Jun-11 21:11:49

total empathy! With Ds I had alot of anti biotics and the thrush that followed was really horrid! I did pretty much everything with no avail.. in the my obs told me to take difflucan once, its believed to be ok to breast feed with although its one of those not really tested enough drugs so its not officially approved. I took one then anopther one 7 days later accompanied with pro biotics and bingo all was soooo much better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now