Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Medela Freestyle V Swing, is one better than the other (apart from dual pumping)?

(6 Posts)
TribbleWithoutACause Tue 28-Jun-11 17:55:10

Hi,

I'm looking at getting one of these, can someone tell me their experiences of them please?

They both look good, but wondering if they perform differently other than the obvious double pump of the freestyle.

Thank you.

juneau Tue 28-Jun-11 18:02:02

I have a double pumper (Pump in Style), and it's great - very quick. I'd ask how much you plan to use it? Double pumpers are great if you're planning on returning to work and pumping to feed your baby, but they're not really necessary for the casual, at-home, occasional pumper as they're a lot more expensive.

TribbleWithoutACause Tue 28-Jun-11 18:28:55

I'm returning to work and want to keep breastfeeding (still not sure how it's going to work but I'm prepared to give it a bash). DS still feeds quite a lot and I want to keep my supply up whilst at work.

He's eight months BTW and seems to do six to seven feeds in any 24 hours.

MacMomo Tue 28-Jun-11 21:53:52

I have the swing and haven't used another for comparison but I've had no trouble with it and am happy with my choice as far as function goes. However, some time ago I did read a post on here with a link to an article which detailed that Medela do not make their pumps in accordance with WHO guidelines - something about them being constructed in a way that means you can't take them apart and clean and dry the motor which might then grow mould. Apparently you can't share them for that reason. Made me think I would have prefered a different one to use over a period of several years (ie more than one child). Moisture has definitely escaped into the pressure tube and is very gradually making its way to the pump.

juneau Wed 29-Jun-11 07:34:39

Sounds like you need the double pumper or you'll spend ridiculous amounts of time pumping every day.

I hadn't heard about what MacMomo mentions with regard to standards, but I noticed that my pressure tubes had something icky that looked like mould in them when I got the pump out to use for my DC2, so I threw them away and ordered some new ones from Medela.

Momo36 Wed 29-Jun-11 08:39:00

I had medela swing and loved it. I bf for 7 months and used it from the beginning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now