Talk

Advanced search

Let-down stimulated by toe-curling nails-on-blackboard noises

(6 Posts)
orchidee Tue 28-Jun-11 16:52:38

As it says, does anyone else get this?

EauRouge Tue 28-Jun-11 18:03:54

Mine seems to go off randomly at the moment, usually in the middle of Tesco when I've not bothered putting any breast pads in.

I think it's normal for it to happen when a baby is crying and we're hard-wired to find it distressing to hear a baby cry so maybe that explains it.

What sort of noises are we talking? Car alarms? Cerry from CBeebies singing?

EauRouge Tue 28-Jun-11 18:08:10

Oh, how old is your DC?

orchidee Tue 28-Jun-11 18:41:28

I've an eight week old baby so this is all still pretty new to me.

Over the past few days I've noticed that screechy noises (like cutlery clanking on a plate etc) give the same "zingy" sensation that I get when feeding. I haven't noticed any simultaneous leaking but am using breast pads 24 hours a day at the moment, so I'd have to check, but I think the noise stimulates a let-down reflex.

DP will be eating his dinner with plastic plates and cutlery if he doesn't stop the scraping!

EauRouge Tue 28-Jun-11 18:46:36

Ah, don't worry, it doesn't go on forever. I used to leak all over the place but now DD2 is 4 months it only ever happens when I've got no breast pads and I'm wearing the wrong colour top.

colditz Tue 28-Jun-11 18:46:44

I got chronic let down when the woman opposite me was trying to latch her baby on.... blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now