Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding tips for when it's so warm/humid

(9 Posts)
mummy2maisie Mon 27-Jun-11 19:20:48

Anyone got any tips for keeping mum & baby cool when breastfeeding on warm/humid days?
I've found today so uncomfortable with us both been very warm and clamy.

Psychovillemum Mon 27-Jun-11 19:25:13

A towel/sleet dipped in tepid water over yourself and baby.

Psychovillemum Mon 27-Jun-11 19:25:36

Meant sheet!

JoinTheDots Mon 27-Jun-11 19:25:52

I've been feeding DD laying on my bed, me on my side and her next to me so not much skin to skin to get clammy. It's too hot!

Antidote Mon 27-Jun-11 19:27:50

I have been taking my top off & draping a wet muslin round my neck. Ds plays with this when feeding.

Ds has spent the day in his nappy & a very thin pair of shorts (otherwise he removes the nappy, cheeky sod).

I have also been offering more feeds and loads of water in a beaker.

To keep the house cool I've put old sheets over the open windows and sprayed them with water.

I nearly got in the bath with him this evening. 35 degrees felt lovely & cool.

PssstOverHere Mon 27-Jun-11 19:30:18

Very thin, cotton floaty tops for mum that can be lifted up or taken off to feed and just a nappy/vest for baby.

A fan with a cold, wet towel in front of it cools a room too.

I used to keep one of these with me in my change bag.

cuddlysmurf Mon 27-Jun-11 19:57:53

Can I tactfully (and without the slightest bit of envy) suggest a move to Scotland, its not been above 20 here for what feels like months and I'm envy every time I see the weather report, whilst hugging my cardigan closer . . .

mummy2maisie Wed 29-Jun-11 07:45:52

Thanks everyone. I was past myself on Monday. And ds wouldn't settle without being nursed at bedtime.
Yesterday wasn't too bad but looking at the blue sky this morning I might be putting your ideas into practice today.
Cuddlysmurf I would love it in Scotland if it is that cool. I am not a great fan of hot weather.

MarisCrane Wed 29-Jun-11 08:15:41

I fed laying down with as little skin contact as possible (apart from the necessary, obviously!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now