Talk

Advanced search

What contraception does everyone Use and How do u get on with it ?

(13 Posts)
Forgottensomething Sun 26-Jun-11 14:54:00

hi

Ds is ebf and I am looking what to do about contraception and thought I'd be nosy and ask what everyone uses whilst bf and how you get on with it

My gp is fairly useless and said I could only have the coil and I can't actully get an appointment to get it fitted

My history is had the implant and bleed constantly and then switched to mini pill (micronor mabey?) and put on weight and got cramps

HettyAmaretti Sun 26-Jun-11 15:37:56

I have a copper coil and I love it, not a lot of use to you though...

Can they really not fit you in?

LisMcA Sun 26-Jun-11 15:42:43

Rubbish GP here to so marking my place! I ws on the Depo for 3 years, then took 3 years to conceive DS, I've also got PCOS so need to take that into account too! Mini pill out, combined pill out, my options are running out!

Forgottensomething Sun 26-Jun-11 15:43:22

They r a total pain and im struggling to get an appointment and they won't let me take the baby in with me which makes it harder

Am going to the drop in clinic in a family plannic clinic tomorrow evening I think to see what they say

Forgottensomething Sun 26-Jun-11 15:44:36

I was wondering if a different brand of mini pill would suit better?

piprabbit Sun 26-Jun-11 15:50:48

Abstinence.
Tis fine <twitches slightly>

Forgottensomething Sun 26-Jun-11 16:01:27

Will consider ...........

GilbertsGrapes Sun 26-Jun-11 16:05:40

Microgynon - send me a bit moody, with sore boobs, but other than that it's good so far.

I have in the past had the implant, depo and cilest which were all poo.

Seona1973 Sun 26-Jun-11 16:15:04

I had fortnightly periods with the mini-pills femulen and micronor. I now use the mini-pill cerazette with no problems. There are several types of mini-pill so no harm in trying one of the others to see if it suits better than your current one.

vj32 Sun 26-Jun-11 18:55:17

Pretty sure you can't have microgynon while breast feeding.

JollySergeantJackrum Sun 26-Jun-11 20:27:26

Microgynon is combined pill so NOT recommended when breathing feeding.

I have just started on Noriday, so don't know about side effects yet, but having a nightmare of a time trying to remember to take it.

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 27-Jun-11 04:59:56

I am very cutting edge and use the contraceptive ring. Seems fine so far. I was on the depo for ages and got pregnant very quickly after stopping so I may just be pretty lucky with hormones.

JollySergeantJackrum Mon 27-Jun-11 21:53:11

www.fpa.org.uk/helpandadvice/contraception/contraceptionafterbaby

For your info, link to the family planning page on contraception post-childbirth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now