Talk

Advanced search

Help needed getting baby to take bottle!

(7 Posts)
Flossy78 Sat 25-Jun-11 23:37:04

Hi guys, am new to mumsnet & really hope you can help. DD is 8 wks old and been breastfed since birth. She's very hungry & I need a break from bf'ing so have been expressingcso DH can feed her. But madam won't take a bottle & screams lots when we try. She doesn't seem to realise that it's food & plays with the teat in her mouth until she gets annoyed & then cries. We've tried Tommy Tippee bottles, NUK & Dr Browns. No real success yet. Does anyone have any advice or tips before I go mad??

WickedWomble Sat 25-Jun-11 23:43:56

We went through this and after 6 brands it was Breastflow bottles that worked. Go to their website for a free sample.

Lots of threads on this issue. Try searching 'refusing bottle'!

Flossy78 Sun 26-Jun-11 07:03:01

Thanks for the info. Will try Breastflow and look for advice on other threads smile

flowerfairy Sun 26-Jun-11 15:45:33

in the same boat as i go back to work in 2 weeks and dd still won't take anymore than 20mls. somebody has just lent me a breastflow bottle as refuse to pay out anymore for bottles. dd did take some, made sure i was out of the house and dh gave it to her. everyone keeps reassuring me that she will take it when i'm not there. have decided that i must chill and eventually she will do it when she is ready. as wicked womble says threads on next page i think, lots of tips. good luck

fraktious Sun 26-Jun-11 16:10:28

Bizarrely DS doesn't like the ones which are like boob but will take an Avent.

YogaMummy2B Sun 26-Jun-11 19:58:52

Try Kellymom website for tips on how to introduce bottle too. I used them and worked a treat.

Flossy78 Sun 26-Jun-11 23:18:56

Thanks for the replies & support girls. Yes I think it will take time & patience. I just hope it works soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now