Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about colicky type symptoms with ebf babies.

(4 Posts)
sungirltan Sat 25-Jun-11 11:29:51

The baby (not mine) is 4 weeks and gaining weight likes theres no tomorrow plus all the other good indicators (wet nappies/sleep etc) but struggling with what seems like wind post feed and towards the end of the feed. i am reseraching this like mad but seem to get conflicting advice....any thoughts? mum is already using infacol/

Albrecht Sat 25-Jun-11 12:06:41

Just my opinion but I think a lot gets put down to 'wind' that is actually other stuff. Whether it is overtiredness, overstimulation, frustration at being a powerless baby, whatever. Everyone says babies can pick up on parental stress too (which just made me feel more stressed personally!)

I did find burping ds a few minutes into a feed often produced results though. And if its digestion wind, a tummy massage can help some babies.

sungirltan Sat 25-Jun-11 12:40:58

yeh i kind of feel like that too - mum/hv ocnvinced its wind - the baby is doing the pulling legs up things but this was after being latched on quite a while - 10 - 15 minutes.

also dont some cultures not wind at all?

JollySergeantJackrum Sat 25-Jun-11 19:45:57

My hv told me that we are the only European countries that burp babies.

We used colief for ds, but he was clearly in pain at other times - not just when feeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now