Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about colicky type symptoms with ebf babies.

(4 Posts)
sungirltan Sat 25-Jun-11 11:29:51

The baby (not mine) is 4 weeks and gaining weight likes theres no tomorrow plus all the other good indicators (wet nappies/sleep etc) but struggling with what seems like wind post feed and towards the end of the feed. i am reseraching this like mad but seem to get conflicting advice....any thoughts? mum is already using infacol/

Albrecht Sat 25-Jun-11 12:06:41

Just my opinion but I think a lot gets put down to 'wind' that is actually other stuff. Whether it is overtiredness, overstimulation, frustration at being a powerless baby, whatever. Everyone says babies can pick up on parental stress too (which just made me feel more stressed personally!)

I did find burping ds a few minutes into a feed often produced results though. And if its digestion wind, a tummy massage can help some babies.

sungirltan Sat 25-Jun-11 12:40:58

yeh i kind of feel like that too - mum/hv ocnvinced its wind - the baby is doing the pulling legs up things but this was after being latched on quite a while - 10 - 15 minutes.

also dont some cultures not wind at all?

JollySergeantJackrum Sat 25-Jun-11 19:45:57

My hv told me that we are the only European countries that burp babies.

We used colief for ds, but he was clearly in pain at other times - not just when feeding.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: