Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lansinoh cream and nursing pads half price at Sainsburys

(17 Posts)
orchidee Fri 24-Jun-11 12:19:43

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1308913934045

These (and own brand nursing pads) are included in the half price baby toiletries offer that's on until 29th June.

I'm new to BF - should I stock up on nursing pads or does the leakage tend to stop after the inital weeks or months?

orchidee Fri 24-Jun-11 12:20:22

www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1308913934045

I bloomin clicked the box to convert links the first time too!

nannyl Fri 24-Jun-11 13:18:54

bargain smile

thanks for that!

Sossiges Sat 25-Jun-11 00:55:49

Hi orchidee, to answer your question, leakage stops after a bit, I can't remember how long it takes, though! Months, rather than weeks, in my case, but maybe everyone's different. I have feeling I got through about 10 boxes of breast pads. Good idea to stock up. All breast pads are different though, I found Morrisons ones utterly horrendous (they shed fibres all over my sore nips [ow!]) so maybe ask on here what people think of the Sainsbury's ones before you stock up. Get Metanium as well while you're shopping, it's excellent for nappy rash. It's like Lansinoh in that they sell you a great big tube of which you need about a squillionth grin.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 25-Jun-11 08:53:31

Agree that the leakage may stop after a bit and with DC2 I hardly leaked at all.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sat 25-Jun-11 08:54:51

It does calm down. I always prefered the washables.

purplepidjin Sat 25-Jun-11 09:03:09

Thank you, do you know if it's in store too? Would this be a good thing to get my 39+4 mate and would it fit through her letterbox? I'm not expecting to be invited to visit for a few weeks smile

orchidee Sat 25-Jun-11 20:46:18

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Sossiges , I got the fibres sticking to me with Johnsons. Yes, ouch!
I'm using Lansinoh pads now and they suit me so this is a bargain.

purple Lovely idea. The pads and cream would be a thoughtful gift that she'd likely appreciate in the early days. The cream is for healing ravaged nipples, it'd fit through the letterbox. IME she may not know about it while pg unless someone who breastfeeds mentions it - that's how I found out. The box of pads probably wouldn't but they're individually wrapped inside a cardboard box so they could be removed and e.g. put in a small bag and the pads and flattened box delivered that way. Or knock the door and ask if there's any shopping etc you could do?

orchidee Sat 25-Jun-11 20:47:08

purple I assume it's instore, I plan to go tomorrow and will post after I've been.

purplepidjin Sat 25-Jun-11 21:04:37

Thank you very much, orchidee. I need to post through the letter box as I don't want to disturb her until she's ready. I might get a call next week, but I'm assuming I won't hear from her for at least three or four. I'm leaving it totally up to her, she knows i'll do shopping/laundry/baby watching etc if she asks. I don't have children, whereas she has mum, sister and sister in law who all have experience and live nearby smile

nannyl Sat 25-Jun-11 21:10:25

I went to Sainsburys today (as a direct result of this thread) and got some bargain lansinoh cream, and also some little me organics and mum to be organics bath products smile

Also baby and toddler toiletries are on half price...
everything like bum cream / teething gel / gripe water / infacol / baby bath / lotions / wipes / nappy sacs /cotton wool / breast pads / closer to nature milk storage pots / cotton buds all that sort of stuff is all half price at the moment.

(my sainsburys were out of (all brands of) disposable breast pads)

purplepidjin Sat 25-Jun-11 21:20:51

OMG that's loads of stuff! What do i need to get? What fits through a letterbox? confused

JollySergeantJackrum Sat 25-Jun-11 22:14:19

orchidee I don't like Sainsbury's breast pads at all. I find Asda own brand much better. Sainsbury's ones seem to fold up in my bra for some reason. They may work for you though.

In terms of numbers, DS is now 9 weeks and I have got through 2 boxes of sainsbury's, 4 boxes of Asda's, 3 boxes of boots and one big box of Mothercare - I do have very leaky boobs though.

purplepidjin Sat 25-Jun-11 22:28:18

<eek>

Lynzjam Sun 26-Jun-11 14:05:13

I used alot of the sainsburys breast pads. The are not individually wrapped which I liked.

The are maybe more noticeable through your bra than the likes of lansinoh but I didn't give a crap. Who'd be looking at my boobs anyway.

They were nice and soft with an indentation for your nip but the pic on the front bugged me as the bairn wasn't very bonny.

I stopped using pads when DD got to about 8 months. I very rarely leak now (DD 9.5 months now).

WestYorkshireGirl Sun 26-Jun-11 17:34:59

Good tip, but you can get Lansinoh prescribed by the GP as you don't have to pay for it then! Just said I had sore nipples and it's on repeat now which is good. My MW didn't know you could do this.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sun 26-Jun-11 17:48:12

That is AMAZING !!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now