Talk

Advanced search

Biting - is it time to give up bf?

(3 Posts)
ZenNudist Thu 23-Jun-11 19:22:06

I have 10mo ds who is on 3 (big) meals a day. I always give him morning and bedtime bf, usually try mid morning and midafternoon but he is not always interested, he also sometimes has a feed in the night. He's taken to biting me and I don't know if he is not getting enough milk as I have to stop feeding or of he is just not bothered so bites. He is currently crying and refusing to go to bed & its getting so that even the bedtime feed is going to get phased out too. Im starting to think I should give him formula so I know he is getting his 1 pint a day. I'm not very keen but dh is also saying we should ff from now on. I would rather keep up bf. Does anyone else have similar experience of biting and can offer any advice? I'm a bit desperate now.

EauRouge Thu 23-Jun-11 20:20:57

DD1 only ever bit me a few times but she would go through phases of not latching properly. Has your DS got any teeth coming through at the moment? It might be that sucking is painful for him at the moment and he's biting in frustration.

Here's the Kellymom page on biting, I hope some of it is useful to you.

RitaMorgan Thu 23-Jun-11 20:29:29

Mine bit on and off for about a month, around 9 months. He mostly seemed to do it towards the end of a feed. Suddenly stopped though, don't know why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now