Talk

Advanced search

Wow, if I was a single mother in a hostel in spain, my baby would have been removed. How about yours?

(5 Posts)
TheSnickeringFox Wed 22-Jun-11 12:33:20

This story makes me so angry:

www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/21/spanish-childcare-case-provokes-campaign

Feed on demand- check
Feed any location - check
Baby in my bed - check

Good job I'm not an ethnic minority, young, single mother relying on the Spanish government, eh?

The poor baby, not only has she been separated from her mum, but even if she is given back something she loves, takes comfort from and needs has been taken away from her FOREVER. Disgusting.

<Apologies, not normally this ranty!>

MovingAndScared Wed 22-Jun-11 12:43:22

did you read the end of the article:

Habiba was suffering psychological problems, was aggressive, hurled objects at other young mothers, would go weeks without bathing her child, left the baby on its own in potentially dangerous situations and took her out without proper clothes on. She also had a violent relationship with the child's father, who had been sent to jail for attacking her but whom she still wanted to live with.

I think a child would be taken in care in the UK for all of the above - the BF angle was wrong of course

TheSnickeringFox Wed 22-Jun-11 12:46:41

blush

No, I got myself too riled up to finish it...

Agree that those are valid reasons for intervention, although probably at a mother and baby unit (not an expert of course).

Still, the discussion around her Breastfeeding is ridiculous.

TheSnickeringFox Wed 22-Jun-11 12:47:26

Why tf does my iPad always capitalise Breastfeeding? confused

FranSanDisco Wed 22-Jun-11 12:49:30

Seems to be more to this than breast feeding and sleeping habits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now