Talk

Advanced search

less windy on a bottle?

(5 Posts)
phoebebouffet Sat 18-Jun-11 07:15:54

Hi breastfeeding is going surprisingly well at 12 weeks (given my past history of cellulitis / abcesses / MRSA with DS1) the only problem is wind / colic, DS2 is really suffering, and with these new fancy anti-colic bottles we have, he does seem to be a lot better on bottles, has anyone else found this? Or got any advice because I don't feel I want to stop BF just yet but hate it when he's in pain / really crying. When he has a bottle he brings his wind up straight away and is a lot more settled.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 18-Jun-11 08:34:48

Didn't find that phoebe as my DC were bottle refusers. If he has got colic you could try cutting out caffiene, this worked for our DC1 or baby massage, a bath (we found that DD brought up all her wind in the Tummy Tub) and no nappy time.

phoebebouffet Sat 18-Jun-11 08:42:36

thanks for replying, whats the tummy tub is it one of those baby baths like a bucket?

SarahScot Sat 18-Jun-11 13:10:39

Yes, tummytub is like a bucket.

Both my DC have been far windier on bottles. I would second the suggestion of baby massage, worked well for my DS.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 19-Jun-11 08:58:18

Yes, its one of those bucket baths. We bought it as DS has been scared of the big bath and we didn't have room for a baby bath. DD loved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now